The mission of the Prayer 1 Prison Chapter is through prayer and support agencies to:
- Bring spiritual and relational wholeness to those who are incarcerated.
- Increase cohesion between inmates and prison staff.
- Reduce the amount of violence at the institutions.
- Assist inmates in their return to society and prepare them to remain in it successfully.
We will provide at a minimum:
- 24 hour prayer chains to intercede on behalf of the prison, officers,inmate families, and lost souls.
- Quarterly prayer luncheons which feature:
- Spiritual and Motivational Speakers.
- Representatives from agencies having the ability provide assistance and support to inmates upon release from incarceration.
Our vision is to assist inmates in their pursuit of successfully returning to society upon leaving the prison system. We also endeavor to allow members of society to rest easier, knowing that ex-felons are re-entering their communities with a heightened awareness, sensitivity, and reverence for the law and the rights of others. We will facilitate this change by introducing inmates to critical support structures (i.e. Colleges, Trade Schools, Temporary Living Facilities, Employers, Ministries, spiritual and motivational speakers who will give them a positive outlook on themselves and their ability to re-enter society and become a positive asset. Our intended end-state will result in a massive reduction in the recidivism rate.